Delta 16L Gas Geyser Zero Start Type D
Hot water on demand? No problem! With the Delta 16L Gas Geyser Type D, you’ll never have to worry about cold showers again. It’s like having a personal butler who heats water just for you, without having to tip. It’s easy to install, low maintenance, and eco-friendly and, offers a convenient and efficient way to heat water, providing hot water on demand without the need for a large storage tank.
By using natural gas, gas geysers produce fewer carbon emissions compared to traditional electric water heaters, making them more environmentally. No more cold showers during load shedding, get yourself a Delta 16L Gas Geyser today and start getting off the grid.
How the Delta 16L Gas Geyser Works
- Ignition is through 2 x type D torch batteries
- No chimney required
- Open the hot water tap – the water pressure pushes the lightweight magnetic floater up and activates the geyser by signaling to the electronic box that there is a spark and that the gas solenoid valve must open the gas to the main burners.
- The Delta 16L Gas Geyser operates on low water pressure. This unit can work with mixers.
- To determine the size required is different from the diaphragm units. Simply do the following to assist you with choosing the correct size. This exercise is only if the water pressure is low.
- Measure the water flow per minute at 2-3 different taps in and around the house. Measure one tap then also open multiple taps to see if the water flow rate per minute stays the same.
- Once you have determined the water flow per minute you choose the size geyser accordingly.
- For example, if you get around 10l per minute, you install a 9l zero start unit. Do not install an oversized geyser as it will overheat and shut down.
- This geyser will work from 0.065 up to 8 bar water pressure
- Once installed and you are ready to set the temperature, start by doing the following
- Set the gas knob to minimum gas
- Set the water inlet valve to maximum water flow.
- Set the correct water temp by slowly increasing the gas.
- This makes the zero-start unit the most efficient on the market!!
- It also has an LCD to show the temperature of the water running through the heat exchanger.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- Never step up the hot water pipe size bigger than 15mm.
- It’s important to know your water flow, you need at least 16l of water per minute for this geyser to work.
- Don’t use toilet connectors for water in/outlets. Use 15mm inside diameter connectors.
- Don’t run the cold water supply from an electric geyser.
- Do not use an orange hose as you will restrict the gas flow and increase the pressure resulting in gas starvation and the unit will not function correctly.
- Use the correct size regulator.
- Use correct size gas piping Sans10087-1.
- Ensure that the Delta 16L Gas Geyser is protected from water entering from the top as this will result in the electronic box and battery box being damaged.
- It’s highly recommended that you install a weather box for wind/rain purposes and it will prolong the life span of the geyser.
- Ensure to flush the water pipes before connecting them to the geyser. We recommend the qualified gas installer connect the water pipes.
- If you’re uncertain of any connections or installations kindly call your nearest professional qualified gas installer to help you.
What’s in the box?